1. Dilbert does Krugman. Ouch!
2. How can police in a college town not be able to distinguish sparkling water from beer?
3. No heroes please. One could frame this as a Canada / US thing but I think it is really of a piece with the general zero tolerance / lawsuit avoidance bureaucratic paranoia and butt-covering that is common to schools in both countries.
4. Rest area photography from Atlantic Cities.
5. The Economist on the prostitution market in the UK (where it is mostly legal): demand is down (due to the recession) and supply is up (due to the recession). What happens to prices is left as an exercise for the reader.
Hat tip on #2 to Charlie Brown and on #3 to Scott Wood.
Who was my favorite student this term?
5 years ago