Sunday, April 15, 2012

Craig Ferguson vs. Andrew Leigh

Apparently late night talk show personality Craig Ferguson mocked the exciting metropolis of Canberra, Australia last week, so much so that it attracted the attention of the Sydney Morning Herald (people in Sydney quite like mocking Canberra in my limited experience) and of Australian economist turned labour parliamentarian Andrew Leigh, who calls Canberra "the best city in Australia" and offers to take Craig and guest Guy Pearce on a tour of Canberra. Usually I would trust Andrew's empirical claims, but in this case ...

2 comments:

Andrew Leigh said...

Too cruel - I thought you liked your time here? Next time, the offer of a tour is open to you too, Jeff!

econjeff said...

I had a wonderful time - this is a discussion about relative comparisons, not absolute levels! And I would note that your former colleagues at the ANU suggested that I spend weekends in Sydney ....