Friday, July 8, 2011

Movie: Buck

We saw Buck on Monday at the Michigan Theater. It is the story of Buck Brannaman, a cowboy of sorts who travels around giving courses on horse training, which often turn out to indirectly be courses on people training as well. As it happens, horses, like people, respond better to good management than to bad. Who would have thought?

I found the movie quite interesting as this is a world I know very little about. I have a couple of friends who are, or were, in the horse world, and I imagine that this gave me some insight into what attracts them to it. The NYT liked it too, probably a bit more than I did.

I should note that we went to this partly on the theory that our four-year-old would like it. She did not; there was too much talk and not enough plot for her taste.

Recommended.

No comments: