Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mandatory school lunches

Well this is pretty horrifying. Some Chicago schools are prohibiting kids from bringing lunch from home. I was very fortunate in that I ate only 10 school lunches in my entire primary and secondary career, all on days when my parents were off on vacation and I was staying with friends. I still remember the awfulness of the food. I also still remember how many kids threw out all or a good part of their school lunch.

On the plus side, I can think of few more promising ways to create a cohort of little libertarians.

1 comment:

BMMillsy said...

Best quote in the whole article:

'But parent Miguel Medina said he thinks the "no home lunch policy" is a good one. "The school food is very healthy," he said, "and when they bring the food from home, there is no control over the food."'

Apparently watching how many Ho-Hos his kid sticks in his lunch is too much of a hassle for Mr. Medina.