Friday, August 1, 2008

Restaurant: Acadiana in DC

Last night I dined at Acadiana in DC with two of Michigan's star undergrads, now working at jobs inside the beltway. Acadiana is run by the same folks who run several other DC restaurants, including DC Coast, which I have enjoyed in the past. It has a New Orleans theme.

Perhaps oddly, I was attracted to it both by my love of New Orleans food and by this snarky review from the Washingtonian. The review is maddeningly pompous: basically the reviewer complains about the fact that the food at Acadiana is designed to appeal to customers, rather than challenging them. The reviewer is correct; the food is delicious. The service was excellent as well. Sometimes in DC one gets servers who have attitude issues along the lines of those embodied in the Washingtonian review; that was not the case here (and is something I am glad to be rid of in Ann Arbor).

Highly recommended. I will be back.