Saturday, May 24, 2008

Romergate

The economics gossip world is awash in talk about the decision of Harvard President Drew Faust to nix an offer voted by the economics department to Christina Romer.

Coverage from David Warsh of Economic Principals here. Economic Principals is well worth reading in general though I think he would reject the term blog that the Crimson applies in favor of internet column or something like that.

Coverage from the Harvard Crimson here. You really notice at the end that David Card did not go to Harvard, which I guess is the point of putting the year of graduation after the names of those who did.

As far as I can recall I have never met either Chrsitina Romer or her husband David Romer but Christina was the speaker at one of the more memorable applications workshops I attended as a student.

Hat tip (on the Crimson piece) to marginal revolution.