Sunday, January 16, 2011

Borders

Megan McArdle says farewell to Borders.

I've reconciled myself to the end of Borders as well. I ordered three items from borders.com in an effort at corporate charity a couple of weeks ago and they had to cancel the order for one of them, presumably because their supplier had cut them off for non-payment.

I just hope that the original Borders store in Ann Arbor, which is in walking distance of my office, will stay a bookstore of some sort. Unlike Megan, I still really like the in-person bookstore experience, and often find interesting books that way. Having said that, most of my new book-buying happens on amazon.

Addendum: a reader sent me an email to correct a bit of looseness in my post. The original Borders store was a block away from the current one on State Street.

No comments: