1. Dealing with panhandlers in Ann Arbor.
2. Frontiers of social service provision in the UK. One of the many costs of banning prostitution in the US is that the very real social service role that sex workers sometimes play (even without government subsidies) gets neglected.
3. On becoming one of those parents.
4. Dan Drezner on academics on cable. I got one call from CNBC a couple of years ago but it came while I was in Europe, so the moment was long passed by the time I got it.
5. This fellow from Iowa does not quite get the whole "free country" thing.
1 month ago