Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Club Michigan: Toronto edition

I spent an afternoon in Toronto last week wearing my Michigan baseball cap. This yielded the following Club Michigan encounters:

1. The counter person at the vegan restaurant in the St. Lawrence market that my wife went to for her lunch said that her father had attended Michigan on a tennis scholarship and that she loved driving down to Ann Arbor to see football games.

2. A young man in Yorkville offered a hearty "Go Blue!" and a smile as he walked by.

3. A street musician at Bay and Bloor spotted my cap, called out to me, and then did a perfect rendition of "Hail to the Victors" on his various instruments. Turns out he is from Detroit, and was admitted to UM back in the day, but decided not to enroll so that he could pursue his goal of being the "next Jimi Hendrix". You can meet this very same musician at the Ann Arbor Art Fair this week.

No comments: