1. David Friedman's North African dictator exam question. His mead is good too.
2. Hooters in Tokyo. The intellectually interesting bit is how they re-position the chain for a country where (a) no one knows what "hooters" is slang for and (b) men are not into large breasts.
3. China regulates reincarnation (again?)
4. A tool for monitoring lazy reporters who regurgitate press releases under their own names.
5. Female to male transsexuals and the economics (and sociology) of gender differences in the workforce. I am not sure I buy the before-after estimator here in a literal sense, but this is surely still research worth doing.