1. How to save Microsoft? Sounds like things have come a long way from when they used to mock the corporate culture at IBM (e.g. "the guy with the neuron is in today").
2. Dissecting a year of ESPN SportsCenter.
3. Klaus Zimmerman on how Europeans can learn useful lessons about inequality from the US.
4. Being an "ambassador" for the UM-Notre Dame night game.
5. Advice on applied econometrics from David Giles. I would generalize (1) to "get to know the basic patterns in the data really well before doing anything too sophisticated." I would tone down (7) a bit, but not too much. I would translate (9) as "be a casual Bayesian".
Hat tip on #2 to ASAK.
Who was my favorite student this term?
3 months ago