Sunday, June 3, 2012

The value of Mayor Bloomberg's time

Reason has a fine takedown of this silly soft drink policy proposal.

My (assuming he makes the right decision) future colleague Justin Wolfers tweets (at 2:14 PM on 5/31):
When libertarians fret about carrying two small cups of soda instead of one Big Gulp, they impress me with their passion for tiny nonsense.
Now Justin is a very busy fellow, so I am sure that it was merely an oversight on his part that he failed to write what he surely actually had in mind, which is:
When New York mayors fret about people carrying two small cups of soda instead of one Big Gulp, they impress me with their passion for tiny nonsense.
N.B. I think there is some way to actually link to tweets, but not being a twitter, I don't know what it is.

Hat tip on the Wolfers tweet: Scott Wood

1 comment:

Dan said...

I would be curious to know if you would support any (or any combination) of the following as an offset for Medicare and Medicaid taxes: calorie tax, fat tax, saturated fat tax, sugar tax, artificial (or added) sugar tax, or salt tax.