1. What it's like to be a new, and unexpected, alderman in Chicago.
2. Partisan differentiation disorder: "radical republican" edition. Obama's illusory radical republicans are, of course, just the flip side of the republican's imagined "socialist" Obama. It is going to be a long and vapid election year, indeed.
3. Social construction, selection bias, and the Brothers Grimm.
4. On dressing for chess success (or not, depending on the rules).
5. Various members of police do lots of things for which they should be fired, if not jailed, But this is not one of them.
I think #4 is via marginal revolution and #5 is via the agitator.
Who was my favorite student this term?
11 months ago