1. An excellent football blooper, from Canada.
2. Accolades for Michigan's undergraduate program, in particular economics, from a Wall Street Journal article that ranks schools based on feedback from recruiters at big firms.
3. Cunha and Heckman on nature and nurture.
4. On page 3, you can find that great and wonderful rarity: tax poetry.
5. David Brooks compares the German and US responses to the recession. To be sure, N =2, but it remains an interesting comparison and Brooks does not overstate what can be learned.
Hat tip on #4 to Joel Slemrod; #5 via MR.
Who was my favorite student this term?
8 months ago